It’s time…membership rates will increase in 2024
Renew your CBCA membership before December 2023 and you only pay this year’s rates. On January 1st 2024 rates are changing to:
Concession - $40
Individual - $60
Schools/Institutions - $110
Special Note for school members.
From 2024 Readers Cup will only be available to current school members. Schools not members by 30 June 2024, will not be able to participate.
To participate in CBCA Shadow Judging you will also need school membership.
School membership allows for 2 staff members or teams to participate in events.
Invoices for payment can be found under member profile>Account>
Changing Schools. Please go to Profile and update details for new teacher/librarian.
** Don’t forget to become a personal member so you don’t miss any important notices.
Add Membership for 2024.
Go to Memberships. Select Membership type, Click Pay Later.
Go to account page to download invoice for processing.
Please note: membership will not work to sign up for events until payment has been made and individual memberships will not work for school events.
Join through HelloClub today
Having trouble with HelloClub?
Early in 2024 we will be hosting a webinar taking you through how it all works.
Membership System Hello Club
CBCA ACT uses a membership management system called Hello Club.
Through Hello Club, you can:
- Renew and pay for your membership or any other outstanding fees,
- View past transactions and download invoices and receipts, and
- Sign-up to events. Both members and non-members will need a Hello Club account to sign-up to CBCA ACT events.
Look forward to welcoming you to CBCA ACT!
Why become a member
- Be part of a vibrant group of people passionate about supporting and promoting literature for young Australians. We understand and promote reading and it's significant contribution to literacy.
- Help authors, illustrators, publishers, booksellers and educational organisations bring words, images and stories into the hearts and minds of Australian children and adults.
- Gain VIP access to valuable information on our annual CBCA Book of the Year Notables, Shortlist and winners, unique merchandise, plus receive discounts to events, activities, conferences, professional development. and merchandise.
- Providing financial support to the CBCA ACT Branch, which is a volunteer organisation, to meet its ongoing costs and fund activities to benefit its members.
Share our vision!
2023 Membership Rates
The ACT CBCA membership rates are for the period 1 January to 31 December.
Personal membership: $55.00
Concession membership: $35.00 (health care card holders, seniors’ card holders, full-time students)
Association membership: $35.00 (ALIA, SCBWI, PETA or ALEA)
Institutional membership: $100.00 (schools, other organisations)
- Support the work of the CBCA in the ACT region.
- Discounts ($5 per event, average 3 events) $15.00 per member, double for schools.
- Schools – 2 x $50 vouchers for Readers Cup and Shadow Judging.
- Exclusive eNews.
- Digital Member-only merchandise (valued at $75).
- Access to CBCA National website for digital downloads of Notables Report, Judges’ Report, social media, and image assets for CBCA Book Week with copyright permission.
- Promotion of creator events via website and social media. Ie. Book launches, etc
- School membership, needed for Shadow Judging entry.
- Opportunity for free or discounted book packs for Readers Cup and/or Shadow Judging.
- Opportunity to meet and network with like-minded people who share your passion for children’s literature.
- Opportunity to serve on committees at Branch and National level, including BOTYA judges,
- Opportunity for free or discounted author/illustrator visits for teams registered for Readers Cup and/or Shadow Judging. Opportunity to host.
- Discounted or free ticket (Branch to provide 1-2 tickets) to CBCA National Biannual Conference.
- Opportunity to attend member-only events.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any membership questions.